Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LET'S TALK ABOUT IT...

So I wanted to talk to you about something many of us aren't really talking about.

SUICIDE


Suicide (Latin suicidium, from sui caedere, "to kill oneself") is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Suicide is often committed out of despair or attributed to some underlying mental disorder, such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, alcoholism, or drug abuse.[1] Pressures or misfortunes such as financial difficulties or troubles with interpersonal relationships often play a significant role.[2]

Now your may be asking yourself why I would say we don't talk about this in the military world, the wounded would because you hear often how 18 veterans a day choose to end their life than move on. I am curious how many of those caregiving for them have hit the end of their lines and make that choice too. You never hear about it in the news. There are no stats on it. It's like it never happens.

I have been married to The Captain a very long time. He is becoming very self-sufficient. I have a 13 year old with Down syndrome who is very much a typical teen and I am struggling everyday to find my place. Over the last 8 years a lot of things have happen to me but it extends past that too.
I find myself in a very dark place. Fantasizing about taking my life so my kids will be happier. My husband can find a wife who wants to be full of life and wants to be loved. It is sick and it is exactly where I am.
Finally I opened up and shared with my husband what I was feeling. He is being so supportive.

Please if you are feeling alone, sad and think there is no where to go remember there are other people out there going through the same thing. Reach out and get the help you deserve. You are valuable, precious and worthy!

We can do this together.

Always, The Captains Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment