Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

White Carpet? Really?

So I am awake at 6 am today and I have been since 4:30 because my middle princess got sick this morning in my bed and on my floor. The joys of motherhood right? While I am trying to clean all the mess, shower her and get medication my other two princesses join the party. They had to come check out what all the fuss was about. It's another night of only 2.5 hours of sleep for me. I have insomnia pretty bad so my average is 4-5 a night. While I am on my hands and knees cleaning I am thinking to myself White Carpet, Really? We have 3 kids for goodness sake! We have only been in this house for 6 months. We just moved to northern Virginia because the Captain took a job for the 1st time in years with a large company in the area. The house is lovely and a dream home. It is located really close to his office which is one of the reasons why we bought it. Why am I telling you all of this..you will have to remember because one day this will all be important when I share a few other things going on. Tonight I just wanted to clear one thing up before I move on. I made the statement that my husband attempted to take my life in 2008. That was a very dark year for us as were the years before that. The Captain is a man of honor and this was the only time he physically put his hands on me. I am not a member of the slapaho tribe and I will never be so if you are questioning why I remained loyal by his side it's because he was sick, needed help and the love of my life. He left immediately for help to a place in California called The Pathway Home. If you or a loved one are an OIF/OEF Veteran and are dealing with PTSD and are ready for some help I highly recommend it. My children were not in immediate danger after that day and today I do not feel we are in danger. If I ever feel that way I am intelligent enough to keep myself and my little princesses safe. I am off to get back to bed. I have 1 hour until my alarm will go off...I would have NEVER picked white carpet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment