Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Florida, it's so sunny and warm

The Captain is 100% a Marines Marine. Not being a Marine is one of the hardest things he has to deal with on a daily basis so we have been on this quest to find something to fill the void he has since he medically retired in 2007. Just to let you know so far we have been very unsuccessful. I know what he is feeling in a way  because I miss a lot about the Marine Corps too. There is really nothing like it. Last July we moved from Texas to Northern Va to a house that is described as an estate home. We came to VA durning the summer to find a place to live and were unsuccessful so our realtor located this one for us and we pretty much bought this home without seeing it in person. He came and toured it and after seeing 40 other homes with us thought this was ours. Pretty crazy isn't it? By the way I don't recommend buying a home this way? Well this kind of stuff isn't strange  for a family living with someone who has TBI. When the Captain looked at the pictures of this house in Texas he agreed, this was our home. I thought he was looking at a new piece of Marine Corps gear he was about to play with. Immediately this was the house we were going to buy. I wanted to keep looking but those of us who live with someone with TBI know when they want something money is no object and they usually go for it no matter what. It happens with every aspect of their decision making. That is why many of us "caregivers" or spouses are in control of the money.  Our home is amazing, beautiful and large. I am by no means complaining. Here is the kicker. The Captain wants to move to Florida. Yep I said it.  He has been down there 2 times this month. Once for a marathon and now for a business trip. We have been in this house 6 MONTHS!!  However, Its warm and sunny in Florida. Never mind I don't know a single soul or anything about the place. The Captain can travel for his job from Florida but it will mean he will be home less and and stressed a little more but we will be warm. Did I mention I didn't want to move from Texas? Travel+Stress=PTSD Issues. Anyway, I thought I would let you in on what we go through on a daily basis with money, decisions and control. It isn't like I want to do all of this. I just don't have a choice.  ( I am pretty sure we won't be moving but if I said let's roll I believe we would be on the road soon to the nearest orange tree)

No comments:

Post a Comment