Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A New Hope

I wanted to write about a trip I took to New York. I was asked and honored to go to a hospital in New York to talk about their PTSD program for military/veterans and their families. I was there with other spouses and some individuals who represented the Army AW2, the National Guard and Hope For the Warrior. I have to tell you I wasn't sure where it was all going to go with the dynamics of the group and I could spend hours telling you all about that. I hate when people start that "my husband is more wounded than your husband and I never got any help" bullshit act. However, in the end it was an amazing therapeutical event for me. This program has one important thing. Hope for the soldiers and Marines who are attending. I had the honor of sitting with 3 of them who were there for treatment. They showed such courage sitting in the room speaking about what was important to them and what was going on in their lives. I was moved and knew then this was a great place for warriors who needed help.

The faculty there had a heart and wanted nothing more than to get these men back to society with respect and dignity. I am so thankful that Hope for the Warrior asked me to be a part of it. I am so thankful I had to of my dearest friends there so I could sit up until 2 am chatting about life with PTSD as we know it and could laugh. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment