Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy 236th Birthday Marines!!


Today is the 236th birthday for Marines. I can't tell you how proud I am that The Captain is a Marine. There is just something about Marines that makes them a unique, amazing group of people. I remember when he was at Brook Army Medical Center the reserve unit of Marines there stepped up for us. We had visitors everyday from the unit. They gave me things for our baby when she was born premature and just made us feel at home. When I was sitting with the Captain while he was getting ready for another surgery,an Army Chaplin showed up. He said a prayer and asked if we knew all of our visitors. Of course we didn't know them personally but they were family. He continued to say he had never seen anything like it and He didn't understand why these Marines were coming daily. I replied "and sir you never will understand it. It's a Marine thing"

I am thankful today for all those Marines who visited. I am thankful for all of the Marines who saved my husband. I am thankful that I was a part of this family.

We still miss being an active duty family. We were treated very well.

Thank you to all Marines, young and old, who served this country and keep me free.

Semper Fi, Always

The Captains wife

No comments:

Post a Comment