Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Well, it has been a while since the last time I made an entry. So much has happened. Many people wonder what it is like to live with someone who is coping with PTSD and all I can say is go to the nearest amusement park and find the craziest roller coaster and hold on. April and May are really difficult months for our family. One would think that after 8 years things would begin to ease up. Things are better, however, I am here to tell you the memories and pain never go away. April 13th came and went. I found out later that The Captain was really having a hard time dealing and he didn't come to me. He went three years without one drink of alcohol. I discovered he had been hiding some truth from me. He started drinking a few at home. I knew he had started socially again which broke my heart but there was really nothing I could do. I voiced my opinions and concerns. All it really did was make him angry and if you know anything about The Captain making him angry is not a good thing.I learned that in June of 2008. I really didn't know what to do. There is so much more about this I want to share but it would take me days and really out of respect to The Captain I am going to stop there. I am just really proud that he realized what he was doing.He has stopped again and is taking the steps he needs to so he can stay sober. He really hurt me one evening with some things he was saying. The truth is we both have a lot of work to do to overcome the pain of the past. I am just so blessed that he is willing to work with me and I know he feels the same. We are in this to grow old together. I am just ready for May to be over with. Then we can get back into our routine until next year rolls around. It's my prayer that with each passing year our scars will heal a little more and we can understand more about PTSD, TBI and what we can do to help others. Until next time.. Always The Captains Wife

1 comment: