Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

VICTIM

Today I talked to a good friend of mine. In our conversation we talked about so many things that cover living in this "wounded life" we have been dealing with for so long. A really good topic that came up was being a victim. It was something I had covered many times in therapy and with the Captain in conversation. You see, when the person you love gets hurt and you end up taking care of them for an extended amount of time one can start to become a victim or at least feel like one. It's a mindset you really don't see on your own. You become negative about everything. It's hard to get yourself out of it. You give your power and spirt over to so many others and there is nothing left of you. One day it just hit me. I was no longer going to be a victim. I knew that there were people who I couldn't deal with or who I never wanted to stand in the same room with and they were sleeping just fine at night. They didn't care or give a damn about me. They didn't care that I wasn't sleeping at night. They didn't care that I was just waiting for the day they would see what THEY had done to me. I finally just let it go. It was in that moment I said out loud that they could NEVER hurt me again. I have been kicked along my journey many, many times. I want people to know I still consider myself a blessed woman. One of the blessings is the incredible friendships I have made and continue to develop into life long relationships. I hope that if you are struggling you too can stop and say enough...this is the day I am no longer a victim. I am valuable and strong. I believe in you and so should you. Many blessings. Always, The Captains Wife

1 comment: