Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

“The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.” ― Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Fall of Atlantis

It's been a really great month. I've made some changes in my life and I am going to continue the trend of living a healthier, happier life.(shhhh, I am snacking on caramel popcorn) It has been 11 years since Chris was wounded. I have met some really amazing people along the way. I have tried to freely give to others that came behind me in hopes they would see that although life can change in an instant, it can still be full of love, forgiveness, hope and more. I have decided that I can no longer keep up with all the negative forces in the caregiver world. We do not want to be identified by what the war took from us, but by the way we held on tight and overcame every single thing that was thrown in our face or said we could/would never overcome.
I can stand before you and say I am deeply grateful that I married a man that never quit. I have heard people say he wasn't wounded enough. I heard people say he is too motivated. I have heard some pretty absurd things...Chris has stood tall and taken it and I am SO proud that he is my partner in life. After 20 years I am still madly in love with that man. 
We will hold on to those that have become our family and also choose to move forward in life. We all know that there will be bumps and you know we will always be here for you. 
I am changing my blog to focus on my family and being positive. 
I have started back to work and joined a GREAT team. I am looking forward to the future. I wish you all the very best in life. You deserve it. 


“The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.”
― Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Fall of Atlantis

No comments:

Post a Comment