Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wounded Warrior, are we fighting about this? PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC

Today I am writing about the fact that there are wives out there arguing about what defines a wounded warrior. I was quite taken back by the attitudes of some and then I remembered how angry and engrossed I was in my husbands wounds early on in our journey that I couldn't see past my own issues. I do agree that everyone who puts the uniform on and serves honorably is  a hero. I do believe that Americans see the term wounded warrior and associate it with those who were wounded in combat operations during time in Iraq or Afghanistan. Now let me clarify this right away. I am not saying it makes a person better if he lost his legs as a result of enemy fire as say someone who was injured here stateside, but it sure does define a persons wounds a little differently. I have seen The Captain standing in a room full of people with wounded and injured individuals only to be passed by while I watched several American's shake the hand of an injured person and/or soldiers because of how they looked. Then they are  told thank you for what you have done for us and this country because their injuries lead people to believe they lost their arm or legs in a conflict. It is hurtful to The Captain. It is also sad that those individuals don't clarify that they were indeed not wounded in either campaign because that is what these American's believe. I am not angry or bitter about the words that were said because it would be giving my control away and I will never let that happen. We all have our own battles. I would hope that we could just support each other and not have to be so petty about who did what and when. When it comes right down to it we all got our asses handed to us as caregivers. We all need support. We all need love.
 I did want to post some pictures here to show just what the Captain went through on April 13th 2004.  I for one would rather he not been wounded but to almost have been murdered and never seen again alive by his family would have devastating to so many people that know and love him. We are so thankful to God to have him here today.







No comments:

Post a Comment