Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hope..

I had a great conversation today with a Federal Recovery Coordinator. I had no idea who or what they really were until today. I am so excited about what they are possibly going to be able to help the Captain with. Have you hear the saying "You've come a long way baby" well let me tell you, the government and military really have when it comes to the wounded. When the Captain was wounded in 2004 there was nothing in place. This country was not ready for what was coming. When we checking into Brook Army Medical Center from Germany they had to remove a civilian about to go to surgery from a motorcycle accident to work on The Captain. I also was told "we don't speak Marine". I, like may other spouses and parents had to navigate the system alone. There were no liaisons, nothing. We made it to where we are today without them. I am so happy to hear there is someone out there who can help us go through the system to help us see a doctor at Walter Reed. I am hopeful today. I pray this will be a good road to where we need to go...