Our "LT"

Our "LT"

Friday, September 7, 2012

IT'S YOUR CHOICE

I would like to say something and I say this in total and complete respect for anyone reading this: I am married to a Marine who deals each day with chronic pain from wounds he received in Fallujah. He also has mild to moderate TBI and PTSD. I had to deal with a lot of shit over the years and I made the choice to stay. I am forever grateful to be where we are today. I can never fathom what each of you experienced at war. I can, however, relate to the PTSD as I have it from my own experiences in life. I have also been in treatment for those experiences, inpatient and outpatient. Here is my point, it is NEVER ok to try and put your issues on your spouse or those who love you. What I mean by this is if you are suicidal and choose to take this path this is YOUR choice. It is not fair for you to put this on those who love you by saying "If I do this it will be your fault" I told my husband years ago if he was going to kill himself could he please do it outside of our home. Having our children or myself find him would be devastating. There are way too many people out there willing to help you. I, along with the thousands of other spouses can't be responsible for your choices. Think about what that would do to that person. I know women who are staying because they are afraid it would drive their husbands to suicide. Please get the help you need and deserve. My husband HAD to go. He tried to kill me. I told him he could live outside in tent but not in our home. I wouldn't leave him but there comes a time when your family is lost and not sure what to do for you anymore. It took 111 days of impatient therapy for him. Yes, he had to leave us. He did it on deployments for years. Take the time you need to heal. You can get through this. God bless you all Very respectfully The Captains Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment